- Since February 2014: INGENIUS Law Firm (Founder):
I am a Belgian multilingual attorney-at-law, qualified at the Brussels/Belgian Bar, working for various
industry sectors (IT, Banking, Telecom, Chemical, Consumer Products, Construction).
I have extensive working experience in both common law and civil law jurisdictions.
My main focus area are the following:
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law (including Licensing Agreements)
- Data Privacy Law (including GDPR)
- International Contract Law
- Procurement Law
- Public Procurement Law (BENELUX, EU)
- Distribution Law
- Consumer Law / Unfair Trade Practices
- Franchising Law
- Corporate Law
- Competition Law
- Telecommunications Law
Next to my private practice, I am working as legal counsel ad interim for companies such as:
- August 2017- …: AGC GLASS EUROPE: IP/IT Legal Counsel ad interim (EU HQ UCL campus -Louvain-La-Neuve, and R&D Center Gosselies, both in Belgium)
- IP Law: IP infringement litigation, License agreements, Joint Development Agreements, Consortium Agreements
- IT Law: audits, IT Services Agreements, Software Agreements, SaaS Agreements
- Glass Manufacturing agreements
- August 2016 – July 2017: PHILIPS LIGHTING: Legal Counsel ad interim (High Tech Campus Eindhoven and HQ Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Renegotiating and splitting all ICT agreements between Royal Philips and Philips Lighting after the 2016 split of both companies.
- Drafting new Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for IT applications and IT infrastructure for Philips Lighting.
- Data Privacy and Data Security advising: negotiation of Data Privacy and Data Security Schedules, implementing and advising on the new GDPR.
- Negotiating new and existing ICT (procurement) contracts such as Software as a Service Agreements, Software Licensing Agreements, Hosting Agreements and IT Services Agreements.
- Intellectual Property Law: advising on licensing of the Philips tradenames and trademarks.
- Compliancy advising: e.g. US Export Control, negotiating of Compliancy Schedules.
- March 2016 – August 2016: Belfius Bank: Legal Counsel ad interim (Brussels, Belgium)
- Member of M&A team/Corporate Law department : reviewing and drafting of corporate legal documents, assisting start-up companies.
- ICT Procurement Contracts: negotiating and drafting e.g. IT outsourcing deals, (Mobile) Payment Contracts, and other IT supplier contracts (including Data Privacy advising).
- Drafting and negotiating Joint Development Agreements in the Fintech Sector.
- Intellectual Property Law: advising on designs, copyright, trademarks and patents e.g. regarding the development of a mobile payment App.
- July 2015 – January 2016: Siemens: Legal Counsel ad interim (Brussels, Belgium)
- Public Procurement Law: analysing and negotiating public tenders for the Siemens Mobility/Public Transport Division, negotiating and interpreting existing contracts.
- General Contract Law: reviewing and negotiating supplier agreements.
- Intellectual Property Law: advising on trademarks and patents.
- Construction Law: litigation
- September 2014 – January 2015: Huawei: Legal Counsel Belgium and Luxembourg (Brussels, Belgium)
- Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Law, Data Privacy Law, Consumer Law, Unfair Trade Practices, (EU) Competition Law: advising and litigation.
- Contract Law: negotiating Distribution Agreements, Sales Agreements and all IT Agreements.
- Advising business and managing external Law Firms.
- Advising on legal aspects of public affairs.
- February 2014 – Augustus 2014: Proximus (Belgian telecom company): Legal Counsel ad interim (Brussels, Belgium)
- Drafting and negotiating roaming agreements, interconnection agreements, and other wholesale telecommunications agreements.
- Advising on Data Privacy Law, Intellectual Property Law and Competition Law.
- Assisting Public and Private Tenders.
- Advising on Telecommunications Law.
- July 2012 – January 2014: Accenture: Legal Counsel Belgium and Luxembourg (Brussels, Belgium):
- International Contract Law: drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal documents: NDA’s, MoU’s, Frame Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Technology (eg System Integration) Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements, Software Licensing Agreements.
- Public and Private Procurement Law: review of Requests for Proposal and Requests for Cooperation (Flemish, Walloon and Federal Institutions, Luxembourgian clients and Institutions, European Institutions) – assisting the internal business teams and its outside partners in analysing the (Public/Private) Tenders and managing the legal (approval) process and other internal processes.
- Advising on Data Privacy Law and Corporate Law.
- July 2011-February 2012: A&L Goodbody law firm: Solicitor at the Intellectual Property Law and ICT Department (Dublin, Ireland):
- Data Privacy Law advising.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of IP/IT Agreements: Research and Development Agreements (between pharmaceutical companies and universities), Intellectual Property Licensing Agreements, Software Licensing Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements.
- IPR Litigation: Patent Law (Irish High Court and Irish Commercial Courts).
- IP/IT law due diligence for mergers and acquisitions (e.g. transfer of software licenses to new entities).
- April 2010-June 2011: IBM: Legal Counsel IBM Europe Middle East Africa (Dublin, Ireland):
- International Contract Law: drafting and negotiating a wide range of documents: NDA’s, MoU’s, Frame Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Technology (System Integration) Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements, Software Licensing contracts.
- Public and Private Procurement Law: review of Requests for Proposal, Requests for Cooperation (Belgium, Luxembourg, European Institutions) and assisting the team in analysing the Public Tenders.
- Advising on Data Protection Law and Intellectual Property Law.
- Drafting and negotiating Software Research and Development agreements for IBM UK and Ireland (collaboration projects with all Irish universities and private investment partners based in the UK and Ireland).
- September 2009: ADMITTED TO THE BELGIAN BAR – QUALIFIED LAWYER
- September 2007 – September 2009: ADLEX law firm: Trainee Lawyer (Genk, Belgium)
- Construction Law and Tenancy Law: litigation and advising.
- Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Law: advising and litigation.
- General Commercial Law (Contract Law, Distribution Law, General purchase conditions): advising and litigation.
- Corporate Law: advising.
- Intellectual Property Law and Data Protection Law: litigation (trademark and patents) and advising (also registration of Benelux and EU trademarks).
- August 2006 – September 2007: DBB LAW law firm: Trainee Lawyer (Brussels, Belgium):
- Distribution Law and Franchising Law: drafting and advising on agreements.
- Intellectual Property Law (Trademark Law): advising and litigation.
- Belgian and European Competition Law: advising.
- Corporate Law: advising and litigation